Ermenegildo Zegna, the luxury men’s apparel company, is seeking a customer focused and enthusiastic Assistant General Manager to join our Chicago Outlet in Rosemont.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for optimizing the sales development of the store in terms of image, turnover, and profitability by properly managing the staff and developing effective operations in the store.
- Manage Customer Relationships and Customer Service.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the Zegna collections to advise customers on styling and “total looks”
- Contribute to store Visual & Image
- Maximize sales through retail operational excellence
Customer Relationships and Customer Service
- Provide memorable luxury in-store customer service experience by following the Zegna Selling Flow and acting in accordance with the Zegna Mindset.
- Collates useful and accurate customer data and information in accordance with Zegna CRM procedures and guidelines.
- Utilizes CRM software as the primary tool for after sales communication
- Takes ownership of resolving customer issues or complaints with empathy, while adhering to Zegna customer service policies such as alteration, damage and repair, global return policies etc.
- Develop progressively in-depth knowledge of Zegna products, craftsmanship, fabrics, made-to-measure and style evolution whilst translating such knowledge into customer benefits.
- Solicit customer feedback on products and collections and feedback ideas and inputs back to the Store Manager.
Visual & Image Management
- Demonstrates consistently high standards of personal grooming in accordance to Zegna uniform and grooming standards and guidelines.
- Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of the store environment and product displays.
- Ensure in-store visual merchandising adheres to Zegna Visual Merchandising guidelines and propose improvements to the Store Manager or Visual Merchandising referent.
- Train other team members on new products as assigned by the Store Manager.
- Maintain good team work to enhance the overall team moral to create an enthusiastic sales force environment.
- Assist the General Manager with a full range of personnel related functions, including: recruitment, hiring, training, retention, motivation, and supervision of store staff; assist with employee relations, corrective action and termination functions.
- Monitor and ensure the staff’s image, service, and conduct is in compliance with Company standards.
- Assist the General Manager with monitoring the performance and developing the goals of the Sales Advisors.
- Assist General Manager with VIP Relations.
- Work with the store team to execute action plans to achieve daily, weekly, monthly and yearly sales and KPI targets as assigned by the Store Manager.
- Assume the responsibilities of the General Manager in his or her absence.
- Cooperate effectively with any other request from the General Manager or Corporate Office as required for the business.
- Perform opening and closing procedures of the store.
- Maintain the highest level of security awareness within the store.
- Develop and encourage Sales Advisors through the use of the CRM activities, working together with the General Manager and CRM Department.
- Adhere to Zegna store operations and time and attendance policies and standards.
- Adhere to Company policies and rules in daily work.
- Ability to generate customer delight
- Is passionate and open minded
- Proficient with digital technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Open to learning and self-development
- Familiar with Apple products and MS applications is a plus